Sunday, November 8, 2009

wiki!

I've been working on wikis lately, and I really like them. I am facilitating a district course, all organized on the getreal wiki. This is the beginning of the second week of class, so it's too early to tell how effective it will be, but here are the aspects that make it worthwhile for me:


  • all participants in the class can add and co-create content

  • the collaborative work we've done can be shared both within and outside our district

  • teachers can access this information at any point in the future

Many other teachers in our district are using wikis this year, including science departments at middle and high school level. I'm including links to one of their sites.

buffalokayceeschools - this is one I'm working on for the district as a whole

ccmsscience7 - this is Marcia Gaines's 7th grade science wiki

http://jcsd1getreal.wikispaces.com/ - this is the wiki for the course I'm facilitating

No comments:

Post a Comment